Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #12 Commenting, part 2

Some of the blogs I signed up for when we did the Thing on RSS feeds were about Oklahoma.

One, I found one was a little too political for me so I opted out of subscribing, but I believe it is important to read about politics and the political beliefs of candidates so one can be an informed voter, as well as a participant in the political process. Also, blogs are an important part of the political process these days so I would like to find one with a broader audience.

Another was about goings on in the part of Oklahoma where my hometown is located. Blogging is a faster way of letting people know about community events, especially in rural towns where the paper only comes out once a week or not at all and/or doesn't have a web presence.

No comments: